Official interrogations. Compulsory ID registration, including fingerprinting and eye scans. Fingerprint, DNA and identity checks at every turn. Lifelong dossiers on every citizen and surveillance by default.
Currently planned systems include:
- ID interrogation centres, for passports and ID cards
- ePassports that help collect data about your travel for…
- International eBorders schemes that exchange Passenger Name Record information with foreign countries as well as collecting them
- Recording of all car journeys, using Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
- ‘Entitlement cards’ as part of or linked to the ID scheme, logging use of public services
- Centralised medical records without privacy
- Biometrics in schools – fingerprinting children as young as 4 or 5
- ‘ContactPoint’, a database collecting sensitive information on every child
- Fingerprinting in pubs and bars – landlords forced to monitor their patrons
- A greatly expanded National DNA Database (NDNAD)
- New police powers to check identity
- Increasing Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks for employees and volunteers
- Businesses under pressure to verify ID of staff and customers with the government
All these databases could be linked to, or indexed by, the National Identity Register (NIR) that is the main aim of the ‘ID cards’ scheme. Your NIR number would be the key to records of your whole life.
Unless we stop it. Please help us.